So it has been a couple of weeks since I last wrote.
I should be editing this post but I won’t be. Instead I want to write it and publish it as the ending and beginning post.
Recently I took a class as part of the Disney College Program and the final project was essentially ‘What do you want to be when you grow up?’. My presentation was terrible. I didn’t put the time and work in that the project deserved and I must embarrassingly admit that it wasn’t the first time.
I’m tired of that. I am sick and tired of not giving my best. I saw the projects that the other students were displaying and I couldn’t hold my head up around them. Mine was weak and ill-planned. I like to think that I’m creative and talented but how can people see that if I don’t actually put in the effort?
My behavior with that project is kind of how I have behaved here. I dream up big plans to build this blog and yet I don’t put in the work required. I treat this like a hobby that could slowly disappear. I’ve forgotten why I started writing in this first place (the blog and just writing in general) and if I want to improve and build this blog up the right way, then I need to put in the work.
So I will be. I have a few more posts that I will be putting up within the next week and then after that it will be back to Friday post days but with much better quality work.
What should you be looking forward to?
- A clearer focus to the blog with a newly updated about page.
- More reviews on books, movies, food that I thought should be shared.
- As I get back to basics, I will be working on writing at least 500 words a day. Actually practicing the art and craft of writing. The best entry of the week will be published here untouched. It will be part of a new series that focuses on the writing practice itself.
- New projects that I will be undertaking will be discussed and shared here. While they will most likely be 30-day projects, they won’t be updated daily, instead receiving a weekly update that includes daily updates.
- Better quality to the writing and a much more freeing tone to each post. With each post, you and I are just spending time together chatting. The writing should reflect that.
I’m excited to get back to the basics. Frankly I’m just as excited about this as I was to create and start working on this blog back in March. Unfortunately I tried to take a leap but I didn’t have the discipline or skill levels to allow me to land and continue forward. Now it’s time to get to work.
What would you need to do to get back to the basics? Comment and share below, I want to read about it!